Chapter 2 – The Fruit of the Spirit Is Love

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year ago by Rhea Borbotti.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello book club members!

I love how Murray makes the obvious – but often forgotten – connection between the Holy Spirit and the holiness of the Christian. His tie-in with love is very fitting considering today’s message by Pastor Eric.

What do we think of his statement: “sin has robbed the world of love?” How about his tie-in between holiness and the overcoming of selfishness?

I pray that we could all live out his statement: “Let a man be what he will, you are to love him.” How does our selfishness affect how we can do that?

Murray’s focus on loving others is such an important step in our surrender to God. May we remember that love is not a feeling, but the actions we take towards others.

• #5807 Reply

Joe Del Grande

Very timely reading this chapter considering today’s message at MCC. The one thing that really struck me is when he said that the standard, that God will judge my love of him is by how I’ve loved my brother especially those that are difficult to love.

• #5808 Reply

Carolyn Hayes

I am so glad that as we are reading “Absolute Surrender,” the sermons we are attentively listening to each Sunday at our church are dove-tailing what we are reading. Pastor Eric’s sermon “hit a home run” this morning when his visual aid showed how God fills us to overflowing with His unconditional love, and that love is to be shared and poured into the lives of others. It’s true others may not always “deserve” our love, but if we treat others with the love that God showers upon us – even though we don’t deserve it – people will see our actions and recognize that we are “set apart” for something greater than what the world could ever offer.
      Pastor Eric did extend this disclaimer: “For those who are hurting; for those who are depressed; for those who are in an emotional state of deficit; for those who just don’t have enough love to give . . . take the time needed to bask in the love of God until you are emotionally healthy and full enough to give love to others. And, once you start to give some of the love away that you have received from God, the love you’ll receive in return will be boundless.”
      I thank God that He doesn’t expect us to do anything He commands without offering to be at our side always . . . never leaving us and never forsaking us . . . always helping us achieve His will for our lives . . . When we ask, God will always “be there” for us in whatever He is commanding us to accomplish. Thank you, Jesus. Amen and Amen.

• #5810 Reply

Rhea Borbotti

I was especially convicted when he mentioned temper and tongue and said we have no problem showing love in church or church groups but we find it so difficult within our homes and families. So sad but true!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Chapter 2 – The Fruit of the Spirit Is Love
Your information:

JOIN US