Reply To: Chapter 4 – Peter’s Repentance

Home Forums Absolute Surrender – Book Club Chapter 4 – Peter’s Repentance Reply To: Chapter 4 – Peter’s Repentance

Lynne

Absolutely appreciate that quote as it addresses the universal goal, knowing oneself, which most people think they do and/or spend their lives trying to figure out. Even and especially here we need to submit first to His Spirit and Word Who properly and truthfully read us, tell us who we are, who He created us to be and perhaps the dissonance between the two. We deny our self opinion and open our self up to the Master’s original design for us. Otherwise yes, we’re just like satan, whose kingdom actually is ruled by self. Only God’s Spirit can truly humble us and make room in our hearts for His holy presence. Once Peter was humbled, he repented and was able to be transformed. Before that he had surrendered his life, was obedient, had great faith and spiritual insight but the “power of the flesh was still strong” in him. All reminded me of the Casting Crowns song “Follow Me” 🎶 “At the end of yourself, just follow Me..I will give you new life, just follow Me.” That born again new life we as believers have embraced and can more genuinely share the more He is actually the One speaking through us.

JOIN US